Norton App Advisor, one of the most significant features of Norton mobile security protects your device by alerting you about the applications that can disclose your personal information (email address, mobile numbers, financial account details, etc.) to third-parties, drain the battery of your device, and show unauthentic behavior.
The feature monitors your device and continuously scans it via a cloud-based reputation scan. After analyzing all the applications, the App Advisor displays a risk summary depending on the several factors. These factors include ads or pop-ups displayed, background data consumption, personal data shared, unusual behavior, and battery usage.
This Norton feature starts scanning your devices’ application after the installation of Norton Mobile Security (from Google PlayStore or Apple Store) accomplishes. This article will throw a light on how to fix the privacy risks detected after the scanning by App Advisor.
Simply, follow these instructions:
- Open the Norton Mobile Security application
- You can see the privacy score after the scan result
- To fix the issue (in case the result is below to 100%), tap Privacy and then open Privacy Report
- From the list of applications displayed under Privacy Risk category, tap the particular application you want to review
- The App Advisor will show you the potential risks linked with that application
- Now, choose any of the following:
- If you find the application trusted and want to ignore the scan result, tap Trust in front of that app to add it to the Trusted Apps list
- If you find the app suspicious or unauthentic then tap Uninstall to remove the application from your mobile device
Norton Mobile Security also has a feature of adding the App Advisor for Google PlayStore. This simply means that the App Advisor will automatically scan the application before you initiate its installation. Please note that the entire article belongs to the App Advisor feature of Norton Mobile Security, if you have any issue with the Norton Setup that you have installed from Norton.com/setup then call the Norton support team for help.